Basketball COVID-19 Procedures
- High School -> Please enter through Driveway #2
- Middle School -> Enter through Driveway #1 off Ridge Road, Head Straight Back to Door AREA WITH ATHLETIC COMPLEX ENTRANCE SIGN
The Event Manager will Meet with Team
- When visiting team arrives, (please arrive no more than 30 minutes ahead of game time), they will wait in the lobby of the gym entrance until a staff member arrives to check them in. ALL individuals (officials, spectators, workers, players and coaches from both schools) must wear masks the entire time they are on campus with the exception of when they are on the court and playing.
- Visiting Coaches should perform a symptom check on their athletes prior to departing for North Royalton School District.
- Any athlete reporting symptoms should not be allowed to travel to North Royalton School District.
- Visiting coaches should provide a roster to the Athletic Director that lists the names of all players and coaches in attendance that day. North Royalton will provide a roster to the opposing team as well.
- Players are required to wear masks any time they are not actively working out (warmups and during play) including sitting on team benches
- Team Locker Rooms will be Available. Showers WILL NOT be available.
Basketball Specific Guidelines
- Disinfect ball during timeouts, after each quarter and halftime.
- Ball Racks labeled as “Home” and “Away” – REQUIRED
- Mask Storage – When not being used while the athlete is in teh contest, Athlete should use a ziploc bag with their name on it to store their mask while on the court OR a tupperware container with their name on it to store their mask while on the court.
- Both teams are to follow the NFHS/OHSAA COVID-19 Basketball Recommendations when possible.
- Scorers Table – There will only be three-four individuals allowed at the scorers table and they are to sit at the following locations with one open space in-between all individuals.
- Home: Scorekeeper/Statistician/Scoreboard/Announcer (provided by Home Team).
- Officials’ temperature & symptom checks must be completed before Arrival.
- Officials should perform daily symptom assessments. If they are experiencing any symptoms they should notify the assignor and stay home.
- Officials will leave belongings in designated areas’ locker-room.
- It is recommended that officials come prepared. No showers will be available.
- Officials should wear masks when not actually officiating the contest (they may wear them if they want during the contest).
Cheerleaders (Boys Games Only)
- Will follow all ODH, CCHB guidelines.
- Eight cheerleaders at six feet socially distancing will be permitted on the baseline during any given quarter. You will stand endline to endline. The other remaining cheerleaders will remain in the bleachers and rotate in by quarters.
- Face Masks must be worn when not cheering on the baseline.
- If 9/JV/V travel together, they will remain in Media Center, Gym #2 or Cafe #1 until their contest. If they can not be transported back to school after the game, they will stay in the Media Center or Cafe #1. Unless we don’t meet the attendance requirements. They will remain in the gym.
Dance Team (Boys Games Only)
- Will follow all ODH, CCHB guidelines.
- Will not be allowed in the Gym after performing, please head back to Cafe #2 wait for halftime. Warm up in Cafe #2.
- No Locker-room or changing room, using cafe #2
- Pre-Game Introductions: Starters @ Foulline six feet apart. The remainder of the team on the endline or baseline or in front of bench for the National Anthem.
- Team Seating: First Row of Bleachers and Socially Distance.
- Home: South East End – Must Social Distance
- Visitor: South West End – Must Social Distance
- Visiting 9th/JV Teams when not playing sit behind bench in South West End Bleachers (depart when the game is finished if transportation is available).
- NoRo CHEER NATION, (only four members permitted with permission).
- Home Teams Do Not arrive until 30 minutes before the game if arrive early will sit be in Gym #2 or Upper Deck by Weight-room.
- If Possible Visiting 9/JV Teams Leave Facility and return to your Home school.
- Personal Water bottles should be used at all times, No sharing water.
- In the Gym the Athletic trainer will Provide a Water Monster for refills.
- MS Teams: Not playing will be seated as follow:
- Home Team Seating: Across From Bench on Balcony
- Visiting Team Seating: Behind the bench in bleacher.
- When possible, put one person per seat on a bus, (seating chart must be in place (A-Z or 1-24)
- Limiting groups to a single bus if possible.
- Players & Coaches: Masks are worn to and from the gymnasium
- Mask must be kept on for stretching, and put back on when entering and exiting the court to be worn on the bench at all times.
- Distributed thermal thermometers to coaches, an add a column on the Covid Monitoring form for temperature (normal/elevated) prior to getting on the bus for an away scrimmage/game.
- Home Team: Symptom & Temperature Checks upon arrival. (before entering the NR School District Gym or Training Room Area)
- Groups/Fans are socially distanced at all times.
- Home Fans: will sit on the NorthSide
- Visitors: will sit on the SouthSide Social Distancing must be followed by opening both sets of bleachers in the gymnasium, and require masks prior to entering the event.
- HS Gym: Please sit on a Sticker that says (Sit Here) in the bleachers.
- MS Gym: Please sit on a sticker that says (Sit Here).
- HS Gate Sales
- Will only be available to family members of Active Roster players participating.
- Tickets: (2) Per Home & Away teams Players, Cheer, Dance & Coaches.
- Both teams will provide a Roster the day before the event.
- 9th: Adults: $3.00 – Students: $2.00 (Clear Gym After)
- JV/V: Adults: $7.00 – Students: $4.00
- M.S Admission:
- NO ADMISSION CHARGE will only be available to family members of Active Roster players participating.
- Tickets: (2) Per Home & Away teams. Players, Cheer & Coaches.
- WE WILL ASK THE HOME TEAM TO EXIT THE GYM AND DEPART FOR HOME AFTER THE COMPLETION OF THE FIRST GAME.
- When the 9th Grade plays in the Main Gym, we will need to clear the gym after the game is completed of TEAMS & SPECTATORS.
- NO PASSES WILL ACCEPTED (EXCEPT)
- NR BOOSTER PUNCH PASS: WILL BE ACCEPTED PER YOUR TWO TICKET COUNT.
- NR SENIOR CITIZEN PASSES: WILL BE ACCEPTED AND COUNTED AGAINST YOUR TWO TICKETS PER PLAYER
- NO CONCESSIONS WILL BE SOLD DURING HOME GAMES
- WE ASK NOT TO BRING IN ANY OUTSIDE FOOD.
- PLEASE EXIT IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE GAME. MEET YOUR ATHLETES OUTSIDE BY THE BUSES OR AT YOUR VEHICLES.