Wrestling COVID-19 Procedures
- High School -> Please enter through Driveway #2
- Middle School -> Enter through Driveway #1 off Ridge Road, Head Straight Back to Door AREA WITH ATHLETIC COMPLEX ENTRANCE SIGN
The Even Manager will Meet with Team
- When the visiting team arrives, (please arrive no more than 45 minutes ahead of match time), they will wait in the lobby of the gym entrance until a staff member arrives to check them in. ALL individuals (officials, spectators, workers, players and coaches from both schools) must wear masks the entire time they are on campus with the exception of when they are on the mat competing.
- Visiting Coaches should perform a symptom checks on their athletes prior to departing for North Royalton School District.
- Any athlete reporting symptoms should not be allowed to travel to North Royalton School District
- Visiting Coaches should provide a roster to the Athletic Director that lists the names of all players and coaches in attendance that day. North Royalton will provide a roster to the opposing team as well.
- Players are required to wear masks any time they are not actively working out (warmups and during competition) including sitting on team benches.
- Team Locker-rooms will be Available. Showers WILL be available.
- All restrooms will be open at all facilities
- Home Team: Only.
- All Locker-Rooms will be open to change in.
- No usage or storing gear/equipment in lockers.
- Everything goes home.
- Wrestlers are required to Shower by OHSAA Rules for safety.
- Coaches Office – Okay to use.
- All equipment MUST be cleaned after every usage.
- Weight room equipment cleaned after every individual usage.
- Only 7.5 Athletes permitted at one time in the weight-room.
- Adequate Cleaning of all Facilities between sessions.
- Cleaning of all athletic equipment & mat’s.
- Hand Sanitizer should be plentiful and available.
- During All Practices, keep paired up at all times.
- Group with the same Athletes/Coaches when possible.
- Wrestlers stay with same weight class/partner when possible.
Wrestling Specific Guidelines: Varsity Only Matches
- Travel size will be limited to (20) when coming to Royalton.
- Mask Storage when not being used while the athlete is in the contest, athlete should use:a ziploc bag with their name on it to store their mask while on the mat OR a tupperware container with their name on it to store their mask while on the mat.
- Warm up Procudures
- High School: Home team upstairs in the wrestling room.
- High School: Visiting team on Main mat in main gym.
- Middle School: Home team in Purple Gym
- Middle School: Visiting team on Main Mat in Main Gym
- Chairs: Will be spaced in two lines of 8-7, six feet apart.
- All Tri matches, the 3rd team will be held in Cafe #1, Aux Gym or Media Center (Holding Area) until time to wrestle.
- Weigh-In Procedures:
- Following all NFHS & OHSAA Procedures.
- Masks MUST be worn.
- Social Distance MUST be maintained.
- We will have two scales & two officials doing checks. (HS ONLY)
- Enter through the West & East side of the Wrestling Room. (HS ONLY)
- There will only be three-four individuals allowed at the scorers table and they are to sit at the following locations with one open space in-between all individuals.
- Home: Scorekeeper/Statistician/Scoreboard/Announcer (provided by Home Team)
- Officials’: temperature & symptom checks, Must be completed before Arrival
- Officials should perform daily symptom assessments. If they are experiencing any symptoms they should notify the assignor and stay home.
- Officials will leave belongings in designated areas’ in the locker-room. Or behind scorers table.
- It is recommended that officials come prepared. No showers will be available.
- Officials should wear masks when not actually officiating the contest (they may wear them if they want during the match).
- Pre-Game Introductions: Stand in front of your chair six feet apart. (No Handshakes. Stand for the National Anthem.
- Home: South End – Must Social Distance
- Visitor: North End – Must Social Distance
- Visiting Teams when not wrestling sit in SouthWest End Bleachers.
- MS Teams: Not Wrestling will be seated as follow: Home team non wrestlers sit bleachers (Home Side). Visiting team non wrestlers sit in bleachers (visiting side).
- TRANSPORTATION: When possible, put one person per seat on a bus, (seating chart must be in place (a-z or 1-24)
- Limiting groups to a single bus if possible.
- Personal Water bottles should be used at all times, No sharing water.
- In the H.S Gym the Athletic trainer will Provide a Water Monster for refills.
- Players & Coaches: Masks are worn to and from the gymnasium.
- Mask Must be kept on for warm-ups and stretching, and put back on when entering and exiting the mat to be worn on the bench at all times.
- Distributed thermal thermometers to coaches an add a column on the Covid Monitoring form for temperature (normal/elevated) proper to getting on the bus for an away scrimmage/matches.
- Home Team: Symptom & Temperature Checks upon arrival. (before entering the NR School District Gym or Training Room Area)
- Groups/Fans are socially distanced at all times.
- Spectators/Fans: Home Fans will sit on the NorthSide/Visitors will sit on the SouthSideSocial Distancing must be followed by opening both sets of bleachers in the gymnasium, and require masks prior to entering the event.
- HS & MS Gym: Please sit on a sticker that says (Sit Here) in the bleachers.
- HS Gate Sales will only be available to family members of active roster players participating Tickets: (2) Per Home & Away teams Players & Coaches. Both teams will provide a Roster the day before the match.
- MS GATE ADMISSION: We will not charge for MS Events. You will still be entitled two tickets for family members of an Active Roster Player.
- NO PASSES ACCEPTED (EXCEPT): THE FOLLOWING.
- NR BOOSTER PUNCH PASS: WILL BE ACCEPTED PER YOUR TWO TICKET COUNT.
- NR BOOSTER TRUSTEE PASS: COUNTS AGAINST COUNT
- NR SENIOR CITIZEN PASSES: WILL BE ACCEPTED AND COUNTED AGAINST YOUR TWO TICKETS PER PLAYER
- NO CONCESSIONS WILL BE SOLD DURING HOME GAMES.
- WE ASK NOT TO BRING IN ANY OUTSIDE FOOD. (EXCEPT WRESTLERS).
- NO GATHERING AFTER MEETS, PLEASE EXIT FACILITY AND WAIT FOR ATHLETE IN YOUR VEHICLES.